North Shore Chicago High Rise
Rashaanda purchased an amazing two bedroom condo in Chicago’s South Loop neighborhood, right on the lake. She had never worked with an interior designer before, but furnishing and decorating this new place was overwhelming. She decided it was time to pick up the phone.
Rashaanda found me on the Top 20 African American Interior Designer List. She gave me a call while scoping out two other designers. She wanted a sense of style, plus a realistic budget for her condo. She needed everything from window treatments to towels. After hanging out for a couple hours, laughing and sharing life stories; she decided that I would be perfect for the project.
We started in July had to move fast on this to make sure her condo was perfect for Thanksgiving.
Here’s the highlights of the rest of the project:
- Outlined the furniture plan for the entire condo and then made sure everything came to life the way it was supposed to on paper.
- Reworked the color scheme for the space and repainted.
- We refreshed her kitchen by selecting a vibrant color backsplash.
- The peanut butter colored walls in the office room just had to go. Nobody could work in there!
- Custom designed the bedding in her master bedroom.
- Installed Hunter Douglas window treatments, and custom drapery that provided her with stylish privacy.
- Sourced all art and accessories for her space. We infused her amazing cultural collection with some added chicness.
What I love:
- The seagulls in her office. This was a perfect Etsy find.
- Those nightstands in her bedroom – can you say AH-Mazing!
- Her view. I was not personally responsible for that, but to work in that space was breathtaking!
- Rashaanda said that her family loves her space and they really enjoyed the wine that I had delivered, just in time for Thanksgiving!
Total time – 6.5 months