Northern Suburbs Home
Donna discovered me while flipping through HGTV magazine. She soon put two and two together and figured out I was the designer that lived 20 minutes from her that had won HGTV Star. Her home decor had not been touched since the 90s and she needed some one to nudge her forward. Enter me – her new BFF designer friend!
What we did:
Donna hired me to redecorate the entire lower level of her home. Her furniture layout was
perfect, so we needed to only address the furniture, art, and accessory selections. Once
we ditched the mauve, we were able to select colors that reflected her traditional taste
with hints of sand and sea.
Here’s the highlights of the rest of the project:
- We redesigned all of the window treatments. Leaving the days of the 90’s swag and cornices behind us.
- Selected and customized furniture pieces
- Up-cycled some of Donna’s existing furniture – There was some really great things in her home!
- Repainted, and replaced all of the lighting fixtures.
- Placed all art and accessorized.
Total time – 5.5 months