Molly & Patrick
North Shore Chicago High Rise
When we first started talking in the spring of 2015, I was impressed. She was witty, realistic, and understood that as much as she loves my shows on HGTV, design does not happen in 43 minutes! She told me about her space, and how she felt that her bedroom seemed “blah” to her. She had no retreat. Molly desperately longed for a place that she could spend time in, read in, play in and above all, relax in.
What we did:
Here’s the highlights of the rest of the project:
- I came up with a space plan with three options.
- Next, we reviewed mood boards and fabric schemes that would work for both Molly and her hubby Patrick.
- We started with the bed. My goal was to add edge to its otherwise traditional style.
- We decided to spice things up by painting the trim work in the room black.
- We built in layers of lighting with dimmers. In a bedroom everything should be on dimmers, right? Right.
- We designed and customized bedding, chairs and window treatments
- Together with Molly, we selected the most perfect wallpaper. This geometric “grasscloth” adds so much depth and dimension that was just missing before.
- That light fixture. I mean it’s really, really amazing in person.
- The porcupine mirror. This thing came packaged like it was the hope diamond, and everyone was terrified to handle it. But it really became a highlight of the room
A sampling of what they said on houzz.com:
Total time – 6.5 months
KEEP IN TOUCH
© 2019 TIFFANY BROOKS INTERIORS, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED