Many people are terrified of hiring a designer. Rightfully so, they are investing a pretty penny in their homes. They want to make sure that everything, down to the last floral arrangement, is to their liking, because they will have to live it (and pay for it). Unfortunately, a client can unintentionally stifle a designer’s creativity through micro-management. This can produce lackluster results and ultimately cause more time (and money) to be spent on a project than is really necessary.
With Molly, that was never an issue. Before she even showed me the room in question, she said that I could have full creative license to do what I needed to do to her bedroom. SAY WHAAH!?
With Molly giving me complete creative freedom, I planned everything out and got down to business. The result: Bite-your-bottom-lip sexy. I don’t get jealous of too many of my clients’ spaces, but this one still takes my breath away every time I look at the pics!
The craziest part was that by adding more furniture, it actually made the space feel larger.
Molly and her husband Patrick loved the finished space, and promised me I will be back to finish the rest of the house!
- I came up with a space plan with three options.
- Next, we reviewed mood boards and fabric schemes that would work for both Molly and her hubby Patrick.
- We started with the bed. My goal was to add edge to its otherwise traditional style.
- We decided to spice things up by painting the trim work in the room black.
- We built in layers of lighting with dimmers. In a bedroom everything should be on dimmers, right? Right.
- We designed and customized bedding, chairs and window treatments
- Together with Molly, we selected the most perfect wallpaper. This geometric “grasscloth” adds so much depth and dimension that was just missing before.
- That light fixture. I mean it’s really, really amazing in person.
- The porcupine mirror. This thing came packaged like it was the hope diamond, and everyone was terrified to handle it. But it really became a highlight of the room
A SAMPLING OF WHAT THEY SAID ON HOUZZ.COM:
“The best part about it the whole installation day was Tiffany and Dante did it all from start to finish, and then did the big reveal at the end. She surprised me with 2 original pieces of art that she painted herself, that I absolutely loved. All of this brought me to tears again…very happy tears. My husband came home later in the day, and saw what they had created…he was blown away at how cozy, warm, beautiful and inviting she had turned our room into.”
As you can see, Molly reviewed me on Houzz.com. She gave me five stars! Check out the whole experience from her POV:
Total time – 6.5 months